'The House That Built Me': The Story Behind the Miranda Lambert Classic

miranda lambert the house that built me

While it is true that Lambert first heard the song with then-boyfriend Blake Shelton, the exact story most people have come to tell is a little untrue. The song itself has a similar history—- being torn apart and put back together with care. “The House That Built Me” was written by Tom Douglas and Allen Shamblin and the tune went through seven years of rewrites before it was finally fixed up to become the Texan’s hit song. Lambert was dating Shelton at the time, and she heard this early version of “The House That Built Me.” Her reaction to the song was immediate and visceral, which then changed the trajectory of the song’s future. “It’s a level of artistry that is only possible after 30 years of a career,” Adell said.

Attending a Los Angeles Lakers Game

miranda lambert the house that built me

At that point in her career, Lambert already established herself as a fiery newcomer with a big Texas attitude. Her previous singles included "Kerosene" and "Gunpowder & Lead," both energetic songs with a take-no-prisoners vibe. "So every single day I cry, because every single day I get somebody's story and somebody's grandma raised them and somebody was homeless and it reminds me of where we were at the time," Bev said.

Miranda Lambert The House That Built Me [Music Video and Lyrics]

Few artists have touched the hearts of country music fans around the world quite like Miranda Lambert. Her soulful voice, outstanding songwriting, and down-to-earth attitude have earned her a special place in the music industry. Amongst her many hits, “The House That Built Me” stands out as one of her most beloved songs. This masterpiece not only captures the essence of small-town living, but also brings back nostalgic memories to millions of people who have gone through the experience of having to leave their childhood homes. We take a closer look at the meaning behind this timeless song and how it has touched the lives of many.

Got a Hot News Tip?

The textile blocks are supposed to help keep the interior bright. From the photos that I have seen online the inside looks really interesting. They essentially became homeless, staying with family and friends until they found an old house, which was about to be bulldozed. They all lived in one room while slowly fixing the home — adding windows, doors, and floor-to-ceiling repairs.

Behind the Song Lyrics: “Mama’s Broken Heart,” Miranda Lambert

I have not been able to confirm if the grounds are still open to the public during COVID 19. The Greystone Mansion in Beverly Hills feels like the perfect home to kick off this list with. Visiting the grounds of this beautiful mansion is a favorite of both locals and tourists. It is free to visit the grounds though occasionally the opportunity will become available to tour the inside for a fee. You can read about my visit here in my post on Greystone Mansion. Miranda Lambert played a nice long set for fans Saturday night — it was the hit-filled kind of performance I think a lot of them expected, and most definitely did not get, from Friday headliner Eric Church.

Story Behind the Song: Miranda Lambert, 'The House That Built Me' - The Boot

Story Behind the Song: Miranda Lambert, 'The House That Built Me'.

Posted: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 08:00:00 GMT [source]

I often think about the neighborhood and the house that my father built that I grew up in. And if you wanted to see Dillon Francis on Friday or the Chainsmokers on Saturday (both artists who have played Coachella), you needed to be there well in advance to even get into the tent. There’s always a wild card or two on the Stagecoach schedule, but the one that seemed most like a fever dream was the teaming of Clint Black, Diplo and Guy Fieri for a cooking demonstration late Saturday afternoon at Guy’s Stagecoach Smokehouse.

miranda lambert the house that built me

Charts

Driving around Oklahoma with Lambert in the passenger seat, Shelton urged her to record the song after seeing the emotional reaction it evoked in her. The house was built in 1921 to be offices and dressing rooms for Irvin Willat’s film studio in Culver City. In 1926 it was moved to its current location and became a private residence. I drove past the house on my way to an event and immediately turned around in order to check it out. You cannot go beyond the gate but it is truly spectacular to see.

Sources Gave an Update on Hugh Jackman's 'Love Life' After Fans Raised Concerns About His Well-Being

” And finally, what we figured out was, “It’s too complicated. There’s too much story.” We made it simpler and simpler and simpler. We took out a lot of information and kind of drilled it down to the essence.

Miranda Lambert Songs That Prove She's One of Country's Best Storytellers

Even Lambert noted the conditions earlier in the night, often literally holding onto her hat. The house looks beautiful but from the reviews that I have read, the gardens are truly what people love. Robinson’s department store when they started living in this mansion. This is the only Neutra designed home that is available for tours. It is called the research house because it was built with a loan from a patron. A fire destroyed most of the house in 1963 and was rebuilt by Neutra’s son with the Dad’s oversight.

I thought if I could touch this place or feel itThis brokenness inside me might start healing.Out here it's like I'm someone else,I thought that maybe I could find myself.If I could just come in I swear I'll leave.Won't take nothing but a memoryFrom the house that built me. Mama cut out pictures of houses for years.From 'Better Homes and Garden' magazine.Plans were drawn, concrete poured,And nail by nail and board by boardDaddy gave life to mama's dream. I thought if I could touch this place or feel itThis brokenness inside me might start healing.Out here it's like I'm someone else,I thought that maybe I could find myselfIf I could just come in I swear I'll leave.Won't take nothing but a memoryFrom the house that built me. Just like all those "10-year overnight success stories," the song that took seven years to write and found its perfect artist by happenstance became an instant classic. Lambert released it as her third single from the album after "White Liar," racing to the top of the charts (imagine that, a ballad on country radio).

The Lambert family eventually moved into a rental home and started rebuilding their lives as well as the home itself. That house was the house that built Miranda Lambert into the person she is today. Trampled by Turtles’ afternoon set at the Palomino Stage was a callback to the early years of Stagecoach. When the fest started in 2007, there was another stage called the Mustang that was dedicated to bluegrass and it’s where Trampled by Turtles made their Stagecoach debut in 2010.

The Ennis House was designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and built in 1924. The house has 27,000 perforated and patterned decomposed granite blocks. The house consists of two buildings that are separated by a courtyard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southampton cruise ship transfers from London all compared

Rhythm and Repetition in Art Explained: The Principles of Design & Pattern Repetition Variation